The 24" Alpha Four offers an NEW 9-speed Microshift drive train. The 11-36T wide range gearing is the real deal and gives growing riders truly usable gear range.
- Prevelo geometry keeps the rider low, balanced and in control.
- Lightweight 6061 aluminum frame with custom formed tubing.
- Lightweight aluminum alloy fork with chromoly steerer.
- Tektro front and rear v-brakes
- Lightweight Allen head front and rear wheel skewers for secure wheel installation.
- Three piece crank with squared taper cartridge bearing bottom bracket and ultra narrow Q factor.
- Custom made cranks. All Prevelo cranks are sized specifically for each model bike, down to the millimeter.
- NEW Microshift 9-speed drivetrain. Uses a shorter pulley cage without comprising gear ratio width. Because kids’ bikes have small wheel diameters, rear derailleurs on kids bikes hang low and close to the ground. The Prevelo Alpha bikes use smaller cage derailleurs to keep things high and away from the ground.
- Microshift Trigger Shifters. Small hands have a hard time using twist shifters. We use reliable silky smooth thumb shifters. They are easy for small hands to operate, and operate just like shifters on high performance bikes.
- Replaceable derailleur hanger. If the derailleur takes a hard hit, the hanger can be replaced without repair to the frame.
- 11-36T wide span gearing gives riders plenty of range to spin up tough hills.
Weight (including pedals) : 9.6 kg / 21.2 lb
Minimum saddle height : 655 mm / 25.8 in
Maximum saddle height : 792 mm / 31.2 in
Bottom bracket height : 252 mm / 9.9 in
Gain ratio : 1.9-6.8
Standover (ground to top of tube) : 558.8 mm / 22 in
Frame : 6061 heat treated aluminum alloy custom formed tubing
Fork : Aluminum alloy blades with chromoly steerer tube - 35mm rake
Seat clamp : Aluminum alloy with toolless adjustment
Front brake : Tektro aluminum V-brake
Rear brake : Tektro aluminum V-brake
Front brake lever : Tektro aluminum alloy
Rear brake lever : Tektro aluminum alloy
Rear derailleur : 9-speed Microshift
Shifter rear : Microshift thumb shifter
Freewheel/Casette : 11-36T
Crank set : Prevelo anodized alloy 3-piece square taper with 130MM crank length
Sprocket : 32T with double chain ring guard
BB set : Sealed cartridge
Head set : 1 1/8" threadless
Rim : Aluminum with grinded sidewalls
Front hub : Lightweight alloy 1-piece forged CNC
Rear hub : Lightweight alloy 1-piece forged CNC
Tire & tube : Kenda Small Block Eight Pro 24 ×1.5
Saddle : Prevelo big kid saddle
Handlebar : Prevelo aluminum bog bore - 580mm wide x 40mm rise - 31.8mm to 22mm taper
Handlebar stem : Aluminum 35mm extension
Grip : Kraton rubber
Pedal : Composite with 9/16 chromoly axle